Field Study #5

11/10/18
10:35-11:05 am.
This was by far my coldest visit to my field study location. It was 33 degrees Fahrenheit, and it felt even colder with 11 mph wind coming from the northwest. The length of the day was 9 hours and 54 minutes. A big difference from my last four visits, was that it was snowing! There was a thin layer of white, fluffy snow, coving the ground. I was shivering for part of my visit. I did not see any organisms that were native to the environment there. I did see a dad, with two kids, and a dog go by enjoying the winter day. That was something that I have not seen much of previously. The water in the creek was still running, but there was a tiny bit of ice forming on some of the small pools and the edges of the water. After our current unit in biology about trees and how they function, I had a better appreciation for the solid trees that surrounded me.



Comments